Technology has impacted every aspect of our lives and it has revolutionized the education system as well to a great extent.
Gone are the days when a child would sit in a public library for hours, read through hundreds of books, take notes and then create a meticulous report on the project he/she was assigned in school. Now all a child has to do is, go to a popular search engine and type what he/she wants to know and Boom! All the information is laid on a platter in front of him/her within a matter of micro-seconds.
Textbooks are no longer physical hardbound books but a mere application in your child’s personal computers and smartphones. Technology has definitely provided a spectrum of access to all the students in the past decade or so. Indian Schools are taking major steps and evolving their classrooms by adopting technology into their teaching experience in the following ways:
- Inclusion of Audio-Video lessons: Technolgy has provided schools with infrastructure to provide Audio-Video lessons to students giving them a better understanding of the subject
- Skill Development through Internet: Classrooms are resorting to youtube and other internet mediums to provide skill development to students for varied subjects like art & craft to simple science experiments.
- Effective learning: Technology enables students to learn on the go and thus provides a constant reliable source of information to students from time to time.
- Gamification of Syllabus: Technology has enabled educationists to gamify the curriculum for the students to make it more interesting and fun to learn. Students, too, take a keen interest in learning and grasp better when taught through such interactive games.
- Virtual Classrooms: Technology, through the help of Virtual Classrooms has solved the problem of school logistics for many developing countries. Today students from every remote place can access education and learn with the help of virtual classrooms.
This advent of technology, especially from the beginning of this century, has impacted the Career Counselling Industry to a great extent. The Internet has brought Career Counselling in the limelight as more and more people are now aware of the importance of Career Counselling and Guidance and are actively looking to incorporate the same in their child’s life.
Earlier, Career Counsellors were only a part of the renowned institutes and were seldom asked for help and advice. Government-run schools and private schools as well, to a great extent, were not keen on having career counsellors or resort to career guidance services. They believed that a student’s marks were enough of an indicator to decide his/her career. It is with the exposure given by the internet that people and education providers started gaining awareness about what is Career Counselling and how it is crucial for an individual’s career development.
Following are some ways in which technology is making an impact on the Career Counselling Industry:
- Providing Awareness: Internet and its subsidiary called social media has provided a major scope for career counselling organizations to be recognized and reach the common people. Individuals can gain access to a list of great career counsellors by a click of a button. To know the best career counsellors in the city of Hyderabad, To know the best career guidance centres in the city of Mumbai
- Insights and Knowledge: With the advent of data learning and IoT it is possible for counsellors to gain relevant insight about individuals, the latest trends in education, the need for different industries, the scope of employment in various sectors and the availability of opportunities for individuals.
- Distance Learning: Career Counselling involves an understanding of several psychological aspects and personality behaviour which are crucial to creating the right career choice for an individual. SuperCounsellor provides with distance certifications for upcoming career counsellors.
Super Counsellor is India’s first incubator for Career Counselling Startups. It provides solutions to those who are looking to set up their own career counselling business and career guidance venture. It assists entrepreneurs who are looking forward to starting their own venture in the future by providing the following benefits:
- Technological support
- International certification from UCLA Extension
- Expert Guidance on setting up a career counselling business
- Branding of the business
- Assistance and support
- Regularly updated information on guidance and counselling
And much more...
Technology is a powerful tool that has supported and transformed career counselling in many ways, from making it easier for counsellors to create instructional materials to enabling new ways for people to understand their career goals. With the worldwide reach of the Internet and the ubiquity of smart devices that can connect to it, a new age of any time anywhere counselling is dawning. It will be up to Career Counsellors and Career Coaches to make the most of the opportunities provided by technology to change Career Counselling Industry so that effective and efficient counselling is available to everyone everywhere.